v1.6.50 - Change colors, toggle powerups, better GIFs, & more!
This update is all about customization and tailoring things to your own preferences!
While you could previously set your 4-color palette in options, you can now very easily switch your hero's color in the lobby by pressing down to cycle through all the colors.
In Match Setup, you can now edit the list of powerups that can drop during the match. Standard tournament play should have all of them enabled, but for your own matches feel free to change it up!
GIFs got a major overhaul for this patch. Aside from fixing some export issues for high-refresh rate monitors and high framerate PCs, they now export way faster for everyone. And the best part - there's a fancy custom end card showing your Steam name, the date of the GIF, and the winning hero for that replay. I'd love to see players from all over tweet their GIFs tagged #Invisigun. :)
Hero Balance Updates
As always, there are some hero tweaks as the result of the past few months of play, tournament analysis, and feedback from the community. Here are the most significant:
PROTEUS: Reducing the drone's pulse count to 2 made Proteus less viable and not able to capitalize in too many situations. Reverting it back to 3 puts him back in the competitive lineup.
CRONUS: He was just on the verge of having a difficult time controlling area, so a very slight increase in bomb drop speed (10 units/s to 12 units/s) was needed.
CARMEN: She was simply able to fortify too easily, and upkeep of her fort was too easy compared to the work needed by foes to chip away at it. For this reason, her simultaneous blocks has been reduced from 3 to 2, spam detection window increased very slightly (0.5s to 0.75s), and bumps to remove reflection reduced (5 to 3).
PHOEBE: A simple change, but Phoebe can't teleport again instantly after teleporting. This shouldn't affect her gameplan too much, but prevents an abusive edge case situation.
RONIN: He had very little risk to spam slashes while baiting and collecting shots in open lanes. For this reason, his spam count was reduced from 3 to 2 before he has a cooldown.
Full Patch Notes
This update is actually pretty massive, and aside from the main new features, there are tons of bug fixes (many of which should be much appreciated by the community), and quality of life updates. It's even more rock solid and many situations have been fixed, especially for online play and situations affected by latency. Here's the complete list:
- UI: Player colors are changeable in the lobby for the match
- UI: Available powerups can be customized in match setup
- UI: Exported animated GIFs have an end card with the winning hero, date, and Steam name
- PROTEUS: Scanner drone shock count reverted to 3 pulses instead of 2
- CRONUS: Bomb drop speed increased from 10 to 12
- CARMEN: Blocks take 3 bumps to remove the reflector shield instead of 5
- CARMEN: Max simultaneous blocks reduced from 3 to 2
- CARMEN: Spam detection time window increased from 0.5s to 0.75s after placing a block
- PHOEBE: Phoebe can't teleport back for 0.25s after teleporting
- RONIN: Spam count reduced from 3 to 2 slashes before cooldown sets in
- GAME: Guardians deploy from powerup pickup position
- GAME: Land Grab default time limit reduced from 150s to 90s
- GAME: Birds will scatter from Aether's pound and Cronus' bombs
- GAME: More heroes can reliably buffer the next shot during their ability
- NET: Host join key is persistent for the entire game session if the region is the same
- NET: Last client join key used is saved for the session
- UI: Guardian shows an indicator over targeted players when they are visible
- UI: Title & Invisigun electricity FX don't continue forever
- UI: Initial player choice is consistent (always begins on Selene)
- UI: Custom phrases show an indicator on the victory phrase dialog
- UI: Changed training pause label from "Exit" to "Menu"
- UI: Updated victory phrase character presentation
- UI: Lobby hero selectors show a loading spinner until they're ready for input
- UI: Improved some powerup icons
- UI: Added some icons to options buttons
- UI: Smoother and more accurate replays and exported GIFs
- UI: Even faster animated GIF exporting
- UI: Replay GIFs show connection strength for online matches
- UI: Better mini powerup icons on the scoreboard
- SFX: Updated map loading audio cue
- GFX: Power shots have a subtle animation on the front of the projectile
- GFX: Softer rolloff for lighting fx
- The Conundrum: layout adjustments
- Polar Express: minor tile swap, fewer ember spawns from the edges
- CARRIER: Fixed some bumping and positioning issues
- SELENE: Selene can't evade scanner drone detection by jumping anymore
- SELENE: Fixed not being able to buffer a shot after a double jump
- CRONUS: Fixed issues with bomb trail timings when the game is paused
- CRONUS: Fixed drop target stopping when bringing up the match menu during an online game
- CRONUS: Fixed soot tracks sometimes showing up where a player was before stepping into soot
- PHOEBE: Fixed proper destruction of projectiles teleported under mine carts
- PHOEBE: Added some failsafe checks to prevent Phoebe getting shot immediately after teleporting online
- PHOEBE: Potential fix for getting shot right after teleporting online
- EPI: Fixed real Epi disappearing from spectator view & replays while ghost Epi is teleporting
- EPI: Fixed possibility for remote client Epi to teleport to ghost's position on button mash
- EPI: Fixed ghost Epi not leaving soot prints from Cronus' bombs
- IRIS: More accurate powerup pickups while dashing online
- IRIS: Fixed occasional failure for client dashes to work properly on remote connections
- IRIS: Fixed occasional inability to dash through proximity doors
- RONIN: Fixed some slash FX not showing up for remote clients
- GAME: Fixed incorrect bot showing victory pose
- GAME: Guardians could destroy the wrong shots if the original target was already destroyed
- GAME: Fixed potential for mine carts to get stuck against some rocks
- GAME: Fixed conveyor belt speed and player positioning due to physics timestep changes
- GAME: Potential fix for projectiles sometimes stalling
- GAME: Powerups don't repeatedly drop while the match is inactive
- GAME: Fixed potential for projectiles to sometimes ricochet in diagonal directions
- GAME: Fixed potential for two orthogonal projectiles to sometimes create diagonal cluster bombs
- GAME: Fixed players not being able to get hit by their own split shots
- GAME: Fixed players being invulnerable to their own cluster shots
- GAME: Improved accuracy of cluster bomb spawn location
- GAME: Fix for hitting your own resisted shots if walking into them with lag
- GAME: Fixed an issue causing short stun times canceling existing, longer stun times
- GAME: Fixed occasional possibility for players to be invisible during respawns or round resets
- UI: Navigating back from Match Setup after arriving from Host a Match returns to Join Scene
- UI: Fixed incorrect "up" controller label on player selectors in lobby
- UI: Fixed traning pause menu input label when switching between keyboard and controllers
- UI: Fixed spectator replay controls when switching between keyboard and controllers
- UI: Fixed flickering UI elements on instant replay following export of GIF
- UI: Fixed erratic replay lengths, playback, timing and GIF exports depending on device specs
Get Invisigun Heroes
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.